A psychologist assists with mental health and behavioural issues. Our psychologists are qualified and experienced to provide services to children, adolescents and adults. We work with the individual and their family across a broad range of specialist services and therapies. Some of the most common are:
- Individual and Group therapy
- General counselling for all ages
- Specific counselling dealing with depression, anxiety, grief, trauma, selective mutism, anger management, managing ADHD/sensory overload, improving self esteem, dealing with bullying, etc.
- Autism and global delay issues
- Social and emotional needs
- Behavioural difficulties
- Parenting programs
- Assessments – intellectual, behavioural, autism related, etc.
A speech pathologist provides assistance in all modes of communication. Our speech pathologists work closely with participants of all ages and various abilities through assessment and intervention. We aim to ensure that they are given ample opportunity and support to meet their goals using a family-centred approach where appropriate. With early intervention, receiving speech therapy can improve overall communication skills and increase self-esteem. Our main areas of focus include:
- Speech Clarity
- Language Delay
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication e.g. LAMP or Proloquo2Go
An occupational therapist assists individuals in improving and maintaining their ability to complete everyday activities and achieve their functional goals. For children, this involves the boosting of underlying skills needed for healthy growth and development and for teenagers/adults it’s about the focus on functional independence in daily living tasks at home, school, and in the community. Some examples include brushing teeth, getting dressed, holding a pencil and writing. Here at Jade key areas of focus are:
- Sensory processing and regulation
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Self-care tasks
- Social skills
- Increasing overall independence
- Play-based activities
A physiotherapist is a highly-trained healthcare professional who focuses on physical movement and function. Our physiotherapists at Jade work with people of all ages who need support with disability, impairment and both the management and prevention of pain. A Physiotherapist can also assist with:
- Strength and mobility
- Gross motor development
- Physical assessments
- Assistance with splints and orthotics
- Recommendations for equipment
Remedial education (aka developmental education) helps children and adults acquire fundamental academic skills such as literacy and numeracy. The Jade practice has Early Childhood Teachers, School-focused teachers, Therapy Assistants and Developmental Educators on hand to meet the specific educational requirements of the client.
Knowing how to use a NDIS Plan can be very confusing. Our Support Coordinators assist our participants to implement the funding they have received to get the most appropriate services to achieve their goals. Our support coordinators have a vast network of quality providers to connect you for every type of funding category in the NDIS Plan. We can also assist in lodging early reviews where appropriate to receive the funding that is needed for our participants.
Our support workers aim to help people with everyday tasks and to assist them in living as independently as possible. These tasks may include:
- Getting dressed and establishing a routine
- Catching public transport
- Attending social and recreational events in the community
- Transport and assistance to and from therapy appointments
- Reinforcing lessons learned during therapy sessions and putting them into practice
- Accompanying to the shops and having a chat over coffee
We provide Respite aka Short Term Accommodation (STA) for our participants to give them (or their carers) a much needed break. We try and make these short trips into fun experiences by choosing different locations that have unique activities to create lifelong memories. These overnight trips are also effective in developing and practising independent life skills for our participants.
If you’d like to learn more about how Jade can help you and if we’re a good fit